Choose seashells that are similar in color and size. For each shell, with a hot glue gun add a length of florists 22 gauge wire. Cluster 3 shells together and wrap with florist wire. Add the cluster to a selection of flowers or ask your florists to do it for you.
How to make a lei:
The symbolism of a lei makes a beautiful accessory for the wedding party and a delightful way to get your guests ready for a beach wedding.
For each 30 inch lei you will need -
- chrysanthemums or dendrobium orchids
- colored beads - plastic are lighter and more comfortable to wear.
- 40 inches of nylon thread - or fishing line
- large needle
Thread wire through flowers and beads alternately. Knot between each flower and bead to avoid slipping.
Use these ideas for your Hawaiian table centerpieces....
- Urns filled with seashells sand, sea glass or small stones
- Shallow bowls filled with tinted water and a floating candle, for extra drama sprinkle sea glass or shells on the table.
- Create a beach scene, Fill trays with sand or gravel then top with rocks or seashells or bits of driftwood.
- One large candle per table decorated with a collar of seashells - Place the candle on a pedestal and hot glue shells around the base of the candle, piling the shells as you go.
- Miniature beachscapes created from mix and matched glasses act as votives - fill with seashells, sand and a single candle.
- Low bowls filled with water and a single exotic flower.
- Collect flat stones to use as napkin weights and write the name of each guest in marker.
Hawaiian Wedding Favors
- Small buckets filled with seashell cookies or candies
- Funny sunglasses
- Personalize paper or cello bags filled with homemade cookies or candies and closed with raffia and a small seashell
- Small fans to help guests keep cool, alternately pass out inexpensive paper parasols at the wedding ceremony.